Help identifying these linear rails and bearings.

Here are a few more quality brands.
Cleveland
Reiff & Nestor
Brubaker
Butterfield
WIDA GTD
Rapid Kut
TRW
I believe the Reiff & Nestor (R&N), Butterfield, and WIDA GTD are no longer available from industrial distributors. The WIDA GTD are now sold as Greenfield. The others are discontinued, but still available on secondary markets like eBay.

Be sure to purchase only HSS taps if you intend to use them more than a few times. Those labeled "high alloy steel", "alloy steel", "high carbon steel", or anything similar won't last very long". They are usually the brands sold at the local hardware stores. They are less expensive but won't last long or be cost effective if you intend to use them on a regular basis.

Over the years I have purchased some "high carbon steel" taps from McMaster for one off projects or repairs. Odd sizes like 9/16-12 left hand, or 11/16-20. To tell the truth I've had them so long I can't even remember what they were used for.

Quality tap search on ebay:
{size you want} tap (Morse, Guhring, Greenfield, Nachi, Emuge, Beloit, Regal, OSG, YG1, Cleveland, Reiff & Nestor, Brubaker, Butterfield, WIDA , TD, Rapid Kut, TRW)

I forgot to that I would also only buy NEW IN THE BOX taps. It's extremely difficult to tell the difference between an old dull tap and a new one. Once they start to dull, they can easily seize and break. It's a real PITA to remove a broken one, especially from a blind hole.

Are you selling?
Hi Mike . I've only sold taps once .They were all Greenfield sets and they went to @Aukai . I came across another 1000 or so taps . Greenfields once again. I asked Aukai what sets he was missing and I'll pull them out for him . These taps come in the blue box that holds the 3 different kinds of taps . Maybe Mike will chime in and make a comment about them and if he is happy with them . GTD makes some decent taps and these are all NOS un-used taps .

Back