Help identifying this steady rest

amsoilman

Amsoilman
Registered
Brought this home a year ago and it won't fit my Clausing 12" lathe. It has numbers stamped in the base: 22153 but I've had no luck finding out what it fits. It measures 6.75 form the center line to the flat that will rest on the ways. So is it a 13" or a 14"? Or is there a 13.5" lathe out there?
4" opening, Hope to post pictures Weight 22#

Would be glad to sell it to a member for $125.00 + 20.00 shipping and I will donate $25.00 to the forum

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

Any casting marks/numbers/letters?
OOPS, I am so sorry, I didn't fully read your post.

Is the number stamped into the part or the pattern? If the number is on the pattern it is likely a pattern number not a part number for the assembly in general. More than one specific part may be made from a rough casting, the numbers that are in the pattern will appear on every casting regardless of the finished part, these numbers identify the pattern only.
Very often a unique/serial part number will be added to the pattern for producing specific parts, these often have a visible imprint of the embossed label added to the pattern including the heads of any fasteners used to hold it, this will be obvious.

Back