Help me identify this lathe please

Many lathe manuals for machines without pressure lubrication in the apron specify ISO68 way oil, it clings a bit more and helps the oil reach and cling to the components that are mounted above the oil level in the apron. My Chinese 13x40 specifies ISO68 way oil in the apron. I think Grizzly does also with the similar lathes they sell. I agree with Ulma Doctor about not using high tack lubricants where there is grit and swarf. The aprons I am speaking of are totally enclosed, no chips can get in there...

Many lathe manuals for machines without pressure lubrication in the apron specify ISO68 way oil, it clings a bit more and helps the oil reach and cling to the components that are mounted above the oil level in the apron. My Chinese 13x40 specifies ISO68 way oil in the apron. I think Grizzly does also with the similar lathes they sell. I agree with Ulma Doctor about not using high tack lubricants where there is grit and swarf. The aprons I am speaking of are totally enclosed, no chips can get in there...
Guess who is going to have to check his apron? I think I screwed up and used tacky grease on it when I had to fix the half-nut.
Mine is open and about the only way to get oil onto/into it is an Eagle can with a flex neck.

Back