Help. Tractor hydraulics weak

a hyd leak under pressure causes heat and maybe a hissing sound. I would use a laser heat temperature gun and point it on all hydraulics untill you find a hot spot. the laser guns are only around $20 and can find hot spots instantly. I use mine on bearings, wheel brakes, rear ends and also in electrical cabinets to find loose wires and hotter breakers. I would guess it's a worn or broken internal seal if you don't have an external leakage anywhere. hope you locate it.
Dave

Still fighting this. Don't have any leaks. Found and pulled pressure valve on the pump distribution block. Non- adjustable. Nothing noticeable as far as glitter or metal shavings, damage etc. (I already changed the fluid).

Seems to have decent power/speed when first started, and Saturday I got a full 25 min of good power out of it (after pulling valve). but it gets worse when warmed up. Assume because of fluid thinning. Unless the pressure valve spring gets weaker when warm or something...

Probably taking it into the dealer soon. ($$$$$)
At least I can get their *expert* opinion in case there's something else going on. It only has 400 hrs on it. Frustrating!

I'll update when I learn more

IMG_4098.jpeg
IMG_4097.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello. Hopefully there are hydraulic guru’s here that can help.

My compact Kioti CK20HST suddenly lost power and speed in the loader and 3-point. Hydro drive and steering seem ok but it’s hard to say.
Engine runs normal.

I drained hydraulic fluid and changed the 2 filters (hydro drive has it’s own)
Fluid looked dark.

Hydraulics are better but far from normal.

I rigged up a pressure test gauge to the rear remote and psi definitely seems very low! 1500psi max?
Also seems to spike then slowly drops. I feel like that could suggest something?

Please give ideas? Is the pump shot? ($800!!!) Pressure relief valves stuck open? Other?
:eek:

View attachment 450912
You might check your shuttle valves, they have a by-pass and sometimes the seal between the passages goes bad, an o-ring in some shuttles, which allows pressure to bypass during operation. is your gauge on the pump discharge? if not you might put it there, if it still reads low its the pump.

If you bring it to the dealer have them do a flow test at max pressure. A good dealer with have a GPM./pressure tester. I worked for a heavy equipment dealer, Hough, Drott, Poclain and we had 2 up 150 GPM

A high pressure leak will always create heat. An infrared temp gun is your best friend. Hold a function over relief and scan the tractor for hot spots. Hitch valves are not uncommon

Back