Help with Enco Mill power switch!

Slayer_MN1

Registered
Registered
Hey all! Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum for this question.

The 5 position rotary cam switch for my mill took a dump on me and I’m hoping someone more well versed in these type of things could help me locate a suitable replacement. When it comes to this type of electricity I’m at about a kindergarten level haha.

If you need clearer pictures of anything let me know, and thank you for any and all assistance!

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 14
I'm not sure if a switch like that can be found these days-
Keep it together and connected for now, you'll have to do a search to see if a 5 position switch is available
Can you read the model number of the switch?
It looks like HZ5B- 10/ T2/711
Edit: I believe I was wrong it's actually T2/74

What modes have failed on the old switch?
What model of Enco is it? Do you have a manual with any electrical info?

What is your power source for the machine?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if a switch like that can be found these days-
Keep it together and connected for now, you'll have to do a search to see if a 5 position switch is available
Can you read the model number of the switch?
It looks like HZ5B- 10/ T2/711

What modes have failed on the old switch?
What model of Enco is it? Do you have a manual with any electrical info?

What is your power source for the machine?

I “think” I lucked out and located a direct replacement on eBay. It has everything down to the numbers written in the correct places for the wiring.

My original switch has been acting up for years and I’ve just been dealing with it. It’d need a little jiggle to get it to engage properly and fire up the motor. Yesterday it decided it was done altogether, and turning it on just causes the motor to make noise, and the driveshaft shakes back and forth like the switch is sending power from the wrong/too many poles.

I’m not sure of the exact model number, but it’s a 9x42 step pulley with a 2 speed 3 phase motor. Built in the late 80’s.

I power the machine with a 5hp rotary phase converter.

I’ll update after I get the new switch and let everyone know if it works.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.png
    IMG_2629.png
    646.5 KB · Views: 5
Hey all! Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum for this question.

The 5 position rotary cam switch for my mill took a dump on me and I’m hoping someone more well versed in these type of things could help me locate a suitable replacement. When it comes to this type of electricity I’m at about a kindergarten level haha.

If you need clearer pictures of anything let me know, and thank you for any and all assistance!
You will not find the exact replacement switch, I got this Taiwan made switch from Supra Machine Tools. They carry a lot of Taiwanese parts. The wiring on the new switch is different and I had an electrician wire it because the wiring diagram looked like "Ralian" or some other language from outer space.

But Mark should be able to walk you through it. Don't waste your time and money on the $20.00 Chinese ones that look the same, They are not the same.

I “think” I lucked out and located a direct replacement on eBay. It has everything down to the numbers written in the correct places for the wiring.

My original switch has been acting up for years and I’ve just been dealing with it. It’d need a little jiggle to get it to engage properly and fire up the motor. Yesterday it decided it was done altogether, and turning it on just causes the motor to make noise, and the driveshaft shakes back and forth like the switch is sending power from the wrong/too many poles.

I’m not sure of the exact model number, but it’s a 9x42 step pulley with a 2 speed 3 phase motor. Built in the late 80’s.

I power the machine with a 5hp rotary phase converter.

I’ll update after I get the new switch and let everyone know if it works.
That switch may work, I hope so.

Your old switch you will find is cracked under the tape label, That's all that is holding it together.

Label the wires so you can keep track of how they connect- about the only advice I can offer at this time
I saw some similar switches on Aliexpress for less money in case this one doesn't pan out

Back