Hendey Gearhead levelling feet

twdmar

Registered
Registered
I have a hendey 16x30 gearhead lathe that needs levelling feet. I am thinking 1/2" steel plate, maybe 3" round, with a divot cut in the middle to hold levelling bolts.
Is this adequate? Is there a better way that someone with experience with this particular machine may know about? Thanks

I have a hendey 16x30 gearhead lathe that needs levelling feet. I am thinking 1/2" steel plate, maybe 3" round, with a divot cut in the middle to hold levelling bolts.
Is this adequate? Is there a better way that someone with experience with this particular machine may know about? Thanks
Your plan would work fine.
Nice old brand of lathe by the way.
Top of the line.

Would rubber underneath be a worthwhile addition? This thing is pretty heavy and even with 8 feet, I want make sure it's still stable

Hockey puck feet. Hockey puck with a metal plate on top. I have a pic somewhere.

Here:
1715360695300.png

Maybe a larger, thicker plate for your machine.

I don't exactly know! It will dampen vibration and noise. I think that is the main benefit. A lot of people do it. You may be able to get used pucks for free and they machine quite well on the lathe.

I don't exactly know! It will dampen vibration and noise. I think that is the main benefit. A lot of people do it. You may be able to get used pucks for free and they machine quite well on the lathe.
Thank you!

Back