Hey guys who has a 1236

lynnch21

Registered
Registered
I was asking the staff about being able to see a 1236 and they are nowhere near me. They told me to ask here and sometimes people will let you come check theirs out. If there is anyone in Charlotte nc that wouldn’t mind showing me around their lathe I would be happy to see one in person. Thank you from any help.

staff about being able to see a 1236 and they are nowhere near me.
I do not have a 1236, but so that you know there are two DIFFERENT 1236 models at PM, PM1236 and PM1236T. There are considerable differences in them if you read the descriptions. So you need to be specific so that you can find someone to show you the machine you want to see. The PM1236T is the machine made in Taiwan and has the preferred Norton Gear box and better bearings, etc.. I suspect that there are other differences if you dig in deeper (manuals) you may see them.

In general the machines made in Taiwan seem to be finished off better. You will note that PM description always points it out when a machine is made in Taiwan. Likewise, they are the more expensive machines.

Good luck.

I was asking the staff about being able to see a 1236 and they are nowhere near me. They told me to ask here and sometimes people will let you come check theirs out. If there is anyone in Charlotte nc that wouldn’t mind showing me around their lathe I would be happy to see one in person. Thank you from any help.
I have a 1236 and would be glad to show it to you. I’m located near Maysville GA, about four hours down I-85 from Charlotte.

Back