Hinges fabrication

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
This morning with nothing better to do, I headed for the shop with no particular project in mind. We have bad weather on the
way so thought a couple hours in the shop might be well spent. Come spring I will be in need of some hinges for a future
project so decided to try and make a pair to have on hand. It was a matter of measuring and cutting some 3/16 material along with cutting up
8 pieces of 7/16 ID pipe, a bit of welding and grinding and viola! Here is a photo of this morning's work showing the hinges and also on
the photo on the left are the welding magnets that I finished up the other day. So far no snow but expect it to commence shortly.
P1020634.JPG
After gluing in the magnets in the welding positioners, I added some bolts to hold everything in place and a bit of paint to prevent rust.
The hinges will be the next to get some sort of treatment, a shot of primer and a coat of paint. I was using my new Everlast
TIG/ARC welder using the arc function for a bit of practice on the hinges. My next shop project will be with the TIG on some steel so expect a bit of learning
curve there till I get proficient in it's use. I do a bit of gas welding and brazing so expect I can get the hang of it without too much difficulty.

Last edited:
Back