Hitachi VFD Control Panel Wiring Questions

Actually, on a mill the Jog is a really nice feature to have. I use it to power tap without having to switch from High to low range. I also like how the spindle stops almost immediately when I let go of the button.
Same here, it's great.

Thanks for the help, guys. I got the mill wired up and running this afternoon, but I don't like the buttons as I've got them set up. I'll get it figured out later, but for now everything is working as expected and doing so perfectly. I had a box with one fewer holes on hand, so this is what my setup looks like now:
I used a switch similar to the second one down, except momentary contact.

Twist it left, mill runs forward, twist it right, mill runs backwards. I added a small rocker switch which changes the system to the jog mode, flip that switch and the twist switch is then jog forward, jog backwards.

Three switches total (one for stop) including the little rocker switch.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not perfect, but it works well and I'll have plenty of time to refine the setup and play around with the settings. I'm hoping to use the jog for power tapping at some point, but it's not done properly as is. Works, but not like a push button.

001.JPG
Yours looks good i think you will like the jog feature when your done, i have the jog buttons working on mine. I am also in the same boat mine needs abit of refining i am waiting for a RPM gauge right now and a new box mounted to the side where the barrel switch is right now. I am not using the barrel switch at all i just have not removed because of the safety cam for draw bar buttons.

001.JPG

Back