VN home made tools.

Nice, I've had the same idea. I've been working on my own 5v collet. I haven't been successful yet but my second try is coming along. How did you cut the key way? I'm planning on using the VN mill itself to accomplish that since I do have some horizontal tooling for it.

Nice, I've had the same idea. I've been working on my own 5v collet. I haven't been successful yet but my second try is coming along. How did you cut the key way? I'm planning on using the VN mill itself to accomplish that since I do have some horizontal tooling for it.
The key way is made whit the VN horizontal, i have 1 blade for key way,s ,its to thin ,but i made 2 passes. the ring with 2 parts out also made on the VN with vertical mill and later stick weld it on. [sorry for bad english ]. The one whit the collets give me most problems because of the inside metric thread. I had to make a small tool for that. Next time i,ll try to start whit that because that is the difficults part. Also my lathe is english,so i cant use the tread dial[self made] it only works on UNC\BSW.

Back