How do I use (adapt) a quick change boring bar holder?

Nice! Yeah, I'm definitely going this route.

What's kind of amazing to me is the thickness of these bushings... especially the one on the far right. Crazy to think such thick steel has much "flex", but I know it does. I'm sure that additional slit all the way thru to the other side, helps the flex since you're technically only flexing, what, maybe a quarter inch. Neat visual trick.

Ninja edit: What are my options for slitting if I don't own a slitting saw or mill? I'll probably try tossing the bushing in a vise and running my porta-band down the length. Might not be super accurate tho. Hmmm.....
Thanks.

All you need is the slit. It doesn't have to be beautiful to work. A porta-band would work as long as you can control it. A hacksaw works too. I tried to make the slit into the other side so it wouldn't take as much screw torque to hold the bar. Don't know that it matters that much. But since I was there, I continued the cut a little bit further.

I faced the rods, then drilled the the rods, then reamed them to fit the boring bars that I had. The boring bars are a moderate tight slip fit in the sleeves. It doesn't take much tightening of the tool holder to very firmly grasp the boring bars. Very rigid. And not too hard to make.

Back