How to drill a copper block?

I don't think I'd want to use milk to drill copper in my garage. I can see it going all over and unlike oil or cutting fluids, it will go rancid if you don't clean every drop.

It may work, but I can't see myself using it......
Lactose intolerant?

Ah, very good. I actually thought it would be a good peltier exchanger while I was reading your post, because I've been sitting on a couple of them with power supplies for a long time, just haven't found the cojones to cool a PC below ambient. That and the technology keeps changing, making that sort of cooling obsolete in the last couple of years with active TDP schemes.

Are you willing to share any more about your application? It sounds interesting.
Of course I'll share it

A bucket with 3 valves to fill it with coolant. Probably cold water with pieces of ice. In the future maybe something more professional (antifreeze). I started putting one valve, but I had 2 more and you never know when are you going to need more. Epoxy to fix everithing

And a PC cooler (I have removed the fan while I set up everything) The small copper parts are to take advantage of more surface of the peltiers, because the heat exchanger of the cooler is a bit smaller than the peltiers. A piece of wood to isolate from the steel bars to fix the complete set up.

And yes, I know the peltiers are upside down, is just to try the set up. I have to put thermal phaste. This weekend I´ll try to make the first triode

With water at 3ºC I get a decrease in air temperature of 6ºC. Tomorrow with coolant at -18ºC

Back