How To Get New Arbor Press Off Of Semi Truck???

You guys are going to drive the price of that thing up at this rate. Enco will think they are selling it to cheap. :laughing:

Today (May 17th) through 11 p.m. ET.
Cyber for 25% off and Monday for Free UPS Ground Shipping.

With that said I just ordered their 3-ton Ratcheting Arbor press that requires Truck Shipping, total price $131.96 and $0 shipping charge. I called Enco; they verified that the shipping is FREE.

Mike

I just ordered one also, $131.96 and $0 shipping. Gotta love Enco sales.

I just ordered one also, $131.96 and $0 shipping. Gotta love Enco sales.

AND TO THINK , YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT THE SAME PRESS FOR $338
AND ANOTHER $145 TO SHIP IT !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-TON-RATCH...438367?hash=item48881fea9f:g:URAAAOSw9mFWHGNM

Wow!!! you guys really made out on that price!!!!

Chris

Trucking company called Friday asking if I'd like delivery on Monday or would Tuesday be better.
I wonder if Enco would have waived the $100 lift-gate truck charge?
I just didn't want to push my luck :)
I can't find a used one for this price. I saw the ebay price for the same press; its way outside my budget. Now if you want a U.S.A made Drake, the 3 ton model is only $1,450
I expect to be very happy with the $131.96 from Enco.

For anyone who was on the fence on an arbor press, check the Enco Discount posts, 25% off and Free Shipping until the end of the month.
Box and Pan breaks are on sale, 25% off and the free shipping makes having one real tempting

Arbor Press arrived today, box all torn up. Trucking company did send a lift gate truck and the driver was only too happy to roll it to my garage. He opened it up and we found that at a minimum the handwheel was missing. Quick call to Enco and they told me to refuse shipment, because they don't keep parts for these in-stock. Should have another one delivered by next week.

Bottom line is, if you buy one, open the box and check for damage and missing parts.

Mike

Arbor Press arrived today, box all torn up. Trucking company did send a lift gate truck and the driver was only too happy to roll it to my garage. He opened it up and we found that at a minimum the handwheel was missing. Quick call to Enco and they told me to refuse shipment, because they don't keep parts for these in-stock. Should have another one delivered by next week.

Bottom line is, if you buy one, open the box and check for damage and missing parts.

Mike

That stinks that the box was all torn up, but i'm glad Enco in making good by sending you another one.
My box was in shreds as well, but for the price i'm not complaining about the box. I do wonder how much it would add to the price to have the manufacturer put a proper crate around the box. the woman at enco told me that the only reason they dont ship the arbor presses UPS is because they wrere destroying the boxes even more that the freight companies.

Chris

I once got a small Jet wood lathe delivered by ups , box all tore up opened it up and found a two piece jet wood lathe, bed busted in half. UPS owns that one , jet sent me a new one FedX next day

Please don't think I'm complaining about the damaged box and having to refuse delivery. The driver was on the phone with his company and I was going to let him leave it and have Enco send any missing parts. I made a quick call to Enco, Customer Service, they immediately said to refuse delivery. It's easier for them to send a new unit than to sort out any parts. I received a call from Enco yesterday apologizing for the problem. He said he could ship another unit immediately but requires another charge on my credit card that they will credit when the damaged box arrives at their facility or wait until they get the old unit back and then ship. The difference is first part of next week or the end of the week.

For the price, free shipping AND a lift gate truck to deliver it, I don't mind waiting.
There are posts around where posters were complaining about the truck driver. I haven't received many truck deliveries from Enco but each time the driver was great. I guess it depends on what trucking company they contract with.

Back