How to repair the spindle? (Craftsman 6", 101.07301)

For the record, the Atlas 618 and the Craftsman 101.07301 share most parts. What they don't share are the headstock casting, spindle and bearings. And aside from one year, the countershaft bracket. The bull gear and spindle pulley and small spindle gear are the same. And a good percentage of in-service 101.07301's have the later 618 countershaft assembly.

For the record, the Atlas 618 and the Craftsman 101.07301 share most parts. What they don't share are the headstock casting, spindle and bearings. And aside from one year, the countershaft bracket. The bull gear and spindle pulley and small spindle gear are the same. And a good percentage of in-service 101.07301's have the later 618 countershaft assembly.
That is great to know.

The seller hasn't replied to my query so no traction there. If I do hear from the seller, I will follow up with a post. I knew that some Craftsman model(s) had Timken bearings. That would be nice.

I just started the work to create a 20'x15' area under my house for a shop and I have a long way to go on that. For now, my money will be spent on that. When I started this inquiry, I didn't realize how much it would cost to get the Craftsman lathe running.

Spajo
I finally talked to the seller. He has what I need and he was definitely not interested in buying my stuff.
The seller hasn't replied to my query so no traction there. If I do hear from the seller, I will follow up with a post. I knew that some Craftsman model(s) had Timken bearings. That would be nice.

I just started the work to create a 20'x15' area under my house for a shop and I have a long way to go on that. For now, my money will be spent on that. When I started this inquiry, I didn't realize how much it would cost to get the Craftsman lathe running.

Spajo
The seller and I finally made contact, and yes he has a good stock of parts. I asked if was interested in buying my parts and the answer was a definite no. So, he has plenty of stock.

Spajo

You could do much better than settling for a Atlas or Craftsman lathe; save some more $ and aim higher.

Back