How to Turn a Taper

Excellent video Ken, thanks

Basically what other members described but seen the video you get other ideas too

Hi, I am Selby
The quotes are on point, I would like to know about the title of that book being used.

Hi Selby,

The book was put out by South Bend Lathes and it's called "How to Run a Lathe". It is a very popular reference for folks just getting started with using a lathe, and even for more experienced people it is still a useful reference to have around.

I can't recall when it was last published (actually, I think you can still buy brand new versions) but it is very available on places like EBay. Here's a sampling of a very quick Google search by title. As you can see, quite a few different versions and from lots of different places. Also available to download from a number of places too.

Hope this helps you. If you're looking for specific information from the book I might be able to help you out, but you'd have to let me know what you were after.

-frank

Edit: if you do decide to try to buy one, be aware that the information changes a bit depending on how old the version is. The really old ones are kind of neat to look at, but I actually find the more recent publications (say from the 1950's to the present) to be more useful.

Capture SB.JPG

Back