Resolved How to upload video

macardoso

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hi All,

I'm been messing with this in the past. If I shoot a video on my iPhone 8 and upload the file directly, I am limited to 18 seconds of video otherwise the upload will fail. I'm assuming this is a file size limitation. I could probably downscale the video quality on my end but I do not own software to do so and it seem unnecessary. Can the forum engine do this downscale automatically?

I know HM wants all content to be hosted locally (i.e. don't use Shutterfly, Pixlar, Imgur, etc.) but is it acceptable to use YouTube embedded links to get around the video upload limit?

Mike

Hi All,

I'm been messing with this in the past. If I shoot a video on my iPhone 8 and upload the file directly, I am limited to 18 seconds of video otherwise the upload will fail. I'm assuming this is a file size limitation. I could probably downscale the video quality on my end but I do not own software to do so and it seem unnecessary. Can the forum engine do this downscale automatically?

I know HM wants all content to be hosted locally (i.e. don't use Shutterfly, Pixlar, Imgur, etc.) but is it acceptable to use YouTube embedded links to get around the video upload limit?

Mike
Absolutely use YouTube. This is not a problem. There are major limitations to video uploads based on most users ability to reduce file size prior to uploading. I have it way up there but adding an attachment is limited whereas uploading to your media album gives you more freedom.

Thanks @vtcnc! I've always stuck to filming 18 second chunks, but I have some longer content I'd like to share on my project.

Thanks @vtcnc! I've always stuck to filming 18 second chunks, but I have some longer content I'd like to share on my project.
Looking forward to it! If you do upload to youtube, maybe throw a hobby machinist link url in your description. The more members that come by way of youtube the better!

Looking forward to it! If you do upload to youtube, maybe throw a hobby machinist link url in your description. The more members that come by way of youtube the better!

Will do!

Back