How to Use

Logan Novice

Registered
Registered
I am fortunate to have friends who periodically acquire tools they don't need or understand and, knowing that I luv tools, use me as a means of disposing of those things. But my problem is that, although I can usually figure out how to use them, I'd rather have some instructions.

I recently acquired a Brown and Sharpe 2 - 8 inch micrometer set (Brown and Sharpe #264) and a Brown and Sharpe micrometer depth gauge (Brown and Sharpe #607) with 2 1/2 inch base. I've searched every corner of the internet trying to find a PDF file of the instruction manuals for these; to no avail.

If any of my fellow hobby machinists can point me to a source for those two manuals/pamphlets I'd be much happier for the experience.

You've got some cool friends!

Here's a couple to get you started perhaps. There might be duplicates, I'm searching for others on how to use the #264.

Edit: Added this:

I am fortunate to have friends who periodically acquire tools they don't need or understand and, knowing that I luv tools, use me as a means of disposing of those things. But my problem is that, although I can usually figure out how to use them, I'd rather have some instructions.

I recently acquired a Brown and Sharpe 2 - 8 inch micrometer set (Brown and Sharpe #264) and a Brown and Sharpe micrometer depth gauge (Brown and Sharpe #607) with 2 1/2 inch base. I've searched every corner of the internet trying to find a PDF file of the instruction manuals for these; to no avail.

If any of my fellow hobby machinists can point me to a source for those two manuals/pamphlets I'd be much happier for the experience.

Last edited:
You've got some cool friends!

Here's a couple to get you started perhaps. There might be duplicates, I'm searching for others on how to use the #264.

Edit: Added this:

Thanks so very very much.
There's a lot of wonderful information in those links.
Notice your avatar. Reminded me a '51 flat fender I restored about ten years ago.

CJ-3A or a M38?

It was a CJ3 .... my son found it in the brush in Hayfork Ca (literally, in the brush. Brush was actually growing up through the floor boards) and we had to drag it out and onto a trailer with chain, rope, and winch. It was a lot of work, but good fun. My son ended up selling it in favor of a Suzuki Samurai that he made into a diesel powered rock crawler.

It was a CJ3 .... my son found it in the brush in Hayfork Ca (literally, in the brush. Brush was actually growing up through the floor boards) and we had to drag it out and onto a trailer with chain, rope, and winch. It was a lot of work, but good fun. My son ended up selling it in favor of a Suzuki Samurai that he made into a diesel powered rock crawler.
Ah, rock crawling, best left to the younger folk. . . :grin:
We need to see some 'recovery' pictures, sounds neat!

Back