Huanyang Gt Series Vfd Settings

pungopete468

Registered
Registered
Hello everybody, I'm new here to the forum and I'm already in need of assistance. I hope somebody can help me out!

I recently picked up a Huanyang GT Series VFD on ebay to replace my rotary phase converter. I'm having trouble getting it configured to operate my machine - a Taiwanese horizontal/vertical clone with a two speed (Low/High) 1.5hp vertical drive motor / 2.5hp horizontal drive motor. Until now, I've been running with a simple 5hp rotary phase converter which has worked well until recently. I just finished rebuilding the spindle, and converting the machine over to a 4 axis CNC running Mach3. The rotary phase converter isn't ideal anymore...

Unfortunately, the instruction manual unintentionally found its way into my burn barrel as I was cleaning up the shop... SO I've been scouring the net looking for an online reference to help me set up the Huanyang GT series (7.5kw) VFD. BTW, I opted to go with the 7.5kw VFD since I've read about inadequate starting capacitance when converting single phase input to 3 phase output (requiring at least a double rating of the VFD), and I also wanted some fair margin of error on top of that in case the VFD under-performs compared with the advertised rating. I don't want an under-performing VFD to overheat, or burn anything up...

I found a manual linked here on this site in PDF format, but I don't have sufficient permission yet to download it.. Haha :)

So if anybody can help me in the mean time, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've got the VFD wired up, but I'm unsure of which settings serve what purpose, or even the values that should be associated with them...

Back