Husky toolbox review ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I saw the discount code for these posted by Manderioli here on the forum. I ordered six of them while I was still in PR, and picked them up last week after getting back home to CO. The box is 46w x 24.5d x 37h, 9 drawer, 268#. Features are, ball bearing slides, hard wood top, and a power strip with 2 usb plug ins. Overall I'm very happy with the product. Much sturdier than a similar Craftsman unit I looked at last year. The casters aren't the best, but adequate, and these will probably spend 95% of there time sitting in one spot. No, they are not Snap-on, but when you consider you could buy minimally 16 of these for the price of one comparable Snap-on unit, well I rest my case. I'm not averse to spending money on quality tools or machinery, but lets face it these are something you put tools in, not tools, and they serve that purpose admirably. In conclusion, for $248, I think these units are a steal. Here is the site for these at the standard price https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-E...PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-301810027-_-303101236-_-N I think they are still available at the $248 price. Cheers, Mike

some pics of the box, filled it up with most of the stuff I'm using to finish up the new shop space. The other 5 I'm leaving boxed up until I get ready to move in permanently in a month or two.

P1010742.JPG

P1010743.JPG

P1010744.JPG

P1010745.JPG

P1010746.JPG

P1010747.JPG

P1010748.JPG

P1010749.JPG

P1010750.JPG

P1010751.JPG

P1010752.JPG

P1010736.JPG

P1010732.jpg

I bought this one last year, seems reasonably well made for $430.00, 53" wide and has the shallow wide drawers that work well for measuring tools.

Such tools do not weigh very much so I suspect it will outlive me.

All of the other machinists in the shop will laugh at you because it is not brown however (-:

toolbox.jpg

I looked at those recently and liked it a lot but, there's no room for it in m shop. Other than that, I agree; they are very nice. The online price just came up as $340 so, if that discount code is still available, that's a really good deal.

Ray

I have two Kennedy full stacks but needed more room and bought a couple of Husky lower chests, I think they are great for the price. About 1/5th the cost but only a little less as well made.

I saw the discount code for these posted by Manderioli here on the forum. I ordered six of them while I was still in PR, and picked them up last week after getting back home to CO.
Working in PR?

I've been on the search for a 26" wide toolbox so I can mount my new tool and cutter grinder onto. Then I can use for storing all the attachments for machine and other stuff. I looked at the boxes at all the stores I could find even cl. Menards has acouple that are on clearance so I'm going for one of them. It's their preformax brand. Very nice black framing with sliver drawers and brushed handles. 75lb bearing slides. I'm waiting to see if tomorrow's sales ad is 11% off then I'll bite. Menards has the same boxes listed for 248 all the time. Looks exactly the same.

Six of them, wow Ied be loosing track of what went where, you got a labeler and room for them I presume

The one at Menards is the 18" deep model and doesn't have the power strip, but obviously from the same factory. Unfortunately no Menards out by us. Cheers, Mike

Home / Tools & Hardware / Tool Storage / Tool Chests & Boxes

MBI 46" Black 9-Drawer Mobile Tool Cabinet
Model Number: MWC46-9BK

Specifications
Color/Finish: Black Includes: (1) MBI 46" Black 9-Drawer Mobile Tool Cabinet, (2) Keys Locking Features: Keyed Lock Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year Material: Steel Maximum Weight Capacity: 1000 pound Number of Drawers: 9 Overall Depth: 18-1/4 inch Overall Height: 39-1/4 inch Overall Width: 46-1/4 inch Product Type: Tool Chests Storage Capacity: 14858 cubic inch

Six of them, wow Ied be loosing track of what went where, you got a labeler and room for them I presume

I know it sounds like over kill, but I have 2100sf of shop space on the main floor, and 40 some years of collected tools and hardware. The current plan is, two in the machine shop, one in the welding and fab shop, one each in the two general work areas, and one in the engine assembly clean room. I'm fairly confident that these will fill up pretty quickly. As far as labeling, I'm going to treat this as an exercise in maintaining what little memory I have left, and hopefully having them in specific areas will make it a little easier. Here is an older thread on my shop build https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/a-bit-more-progress-on-the-shop.49101/ to give a little bit better idea of where things will be going, need to update it, as we've made some progress. Been a long haul, but getting close to the end. Mike

Back