I found something today...

682bear

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This morning, I was in the basement poking through some Rubbermaid bins of assorted flotsam and found my old tech school graduation project!

20200922_144001.jpg

20200922_144010.jpg

20200922_144032.jpg

I haven't thought about this thing in years!

It is very dusty and is missing one of the ramrods and one of the little cup hooks that the chain hooks on, but otherwise is in good condition. I will have to clean it up and make a replacement ramrod and see if I can come up with a way to display it.

I made this back in 1995... a lifetime ago, it seems.

-Bear

Well, that definitely beats the hammer I made in machine shop class. Very nice
Cheers
Martin

This morning, I was in the basement poking through some Rubbermaid bins of assorted flotsam and found my old tech school graduation project!

View attachment 337912

View attachment 337913

View attachment 337914

I haven't thought about this thing in years!

It is very dusty and is missing one of the ramrods and one of the little cup hooks that the chain hooks on, but otherwise is in good condition. I will have to clean it up and make a replacement ramrod and see if I can come up with a way to display it.

I made this back in 1995... a lifetime ago, it seems.

-Bear
Very nice job. I noticed, by watching YouTube and other sites and such,that the guys in the US is kind of obsessed with making these little cannons. I must say I love. Maybe one day I will make one for fun. That is when I am old and don't have to do much. Once again,nice job
:applause: :clapping:
:cheer: :aok:

Beautiful work! That reminds me of my favorite uncle when I was a kid. In the '50s, one could still acquire carbide powder. Unk Joshua had a "carbide cannon" about that size. I, as a child, wasn't allowed to handle it. But I did get to witness it being fired, on holidays. I never attended "high school" so missed out on the shop classes. I think the one Unk had was purchased, he was an electrical engineer. No home shop of mechanical trades. I think carbide falls under the ATF rulings. That thought could get political real fast, I better back out now.

Back