I need some help identifying these atlas rotary tables.

Atlas2start

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have 3 Atlas rotary tables. In the photo's, the top one is for an S7 Shaper. The middle one is supposed to be for an S7 Shaper. The bottom one is for a Horizontal Milling Machine.
On the middle one, you can see if the one picture that there is a part number that starts with S7, indicating that it is a part for a Shaper. I do know that Atlas cross used parts between machines, so that part number does not necessarily mean that it is a Shaper unit, just that the piece is for a shaper. And the notches on the bottom two are different sizes. Did Atlas change the bases during the production run of these little rotary tables?

A bit confused right now.

Thanks for any help.

Fred

Attachments

• IMG_5431.jpg
    IMG_5431.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5428.jpg
    IMG_5428.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 34
I am unable to access the parts lists and owners manuals at present or at least without considerable effort. But I can comment on the
Atlas part numbering rules. Basically, you cannot ID the model number or equipment number that a part is used on from the part number. So your identification of one of the three rotary tables as being built for the shaper on the strength of it having a part with a part number beginning with "S7-" is probably correct but not necessarily correct. Had there been another assembly built before the Shaper and had it needed the same part later used on the shaper, then the part would have had a part number beginning with the part number of the other assembly instead of with S7.
For example, the tailstock ram lock assembly used on the final version of the 12x36 lathe made up through 1981 has the same two lock cylinders as used on the 618 lathes first made around 1936 and still carry the same two M6-??? part numbers.

Last edited:
Are the shaper rt's shorter in stature than the ones for milling?

Top one with the square base is shaper, the other two are for the mill.

Back