Ice Stormin Northern New England

papermaker

Active User
Registered
Well I had planned on working on getting my recently acquired lathe put back together today but mother nature found other things for me to do instead.
Everything here has a ice coating on it that is about 3/4" thick.
Around noon I was in my shop when I had a big crack and a bang. I only have one tree on own property and today it lost a limb right over where our cars were parked
Damage was minimal.

I guess we got lucky down here in CT. We just got a lot of rain. Glad to here nothing was damaged. I'll bet there's a lot of power outages?

The next street over was without power most of last night and is still out! We're lucky that we are on the grid as the Public Safety Building so if we do lose power it is for a very short period of time.
Out Canadian neighbors to the north got it much worse than we did.
The weatherman says that there is a high wind warning for today and tonight which I suspect will probably bring down more power lines.

Saturday night we got nailed with a couple inches of rain and wind. Our power was off for about 10 hours. Just knocked down some tress and scared the wife. Temps have dropped down to the teens this morning.

Put on a jacket this morning, it is 70 here.

:yousuck: ..................................................................................:banhim:...............:p

:))

Marcel

I have a couple of friends leaving for Florida the day after Christmas. I told them not to leave without me! Hahaha!

My son left from here in Pennsylvania on the 23rd and arrived in Augusta, Maine at 6AM on the 24th. He is one of probably hundreds working on restoring power from the adverse weather. They have been working 16+ hour days to get your power back on. May God watch over everyone involved from the citizens to the linemen to keep them safe this Christmas day.

Back