Ill try again

GK1918

Active User
Registered
Ill try again, on my drill press that has absolutly no numbers or builders or I cant even find a
tell tale mark of a ID plate. All I can say its big heavy belt driven square table that like a knee
mill can be lowered to the floor. MT3 quill- motor mounted near the floor belt driven up to a
four step cone pulleys the the second belt is twisted to the quill that runs on 2 idlers. I use it
for end milling thats how beafey it is. I put it in here with a 755 Ford backhoe that how heavy
it is and the 755 is no toy. By chance we may have a new member that has an Idea. with
another rainy day something to do is to post again. something like this has to be in the 1920s
or 30s it has its own motor so It was not from the overhead belt shaft days. another pic I hope

drill press unknow make.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if it,s possibly a "Rockford"???

From the little bit that I can seein your picture, and with the little bit I can remember, it looks much like my Foote-Burt drill press. I think other parts not visible might reveal more. Mine is scattered in pieces that haven't seen light in a while, but somewhere I have a line drawing of it from a text book. If I can find it, I'll scan it and post it here to see if you recognize it. As far as the Foote-Burt, I have not been able to find any information on it, and right now I don't remember exactly where the name is located on it. I don't think it was cast on any surface, but I'll check the next time I'm at the place where it is. I do think I would recognize (the assembled version of) mine if I saw it.
Dave

This is the one that looks exactly like my Foote-Burt, even the color. I'm looking at the curvature and shapes of the castings, and as memory serves, that'a a very close match.
Dave

View attachment 33079

Just found out my drillpress has a tag on the top housing that is Spelled "FOOTBURT", but the company name is actually "Foote-Burt". The first picture below is another one that was for sale somewhere, and it shows the speed change mechanisms at the top. My tag is clearly shown in the other photo. so now that I look back at your original photo, I don't think it is a Footburt, judging by the way the column meets the upper housing.
Dave
View attachment 33135View attachment 33136

Back