I'm Getting Kinda Bummed Out

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
Been looking for a new lathe (new used that is) but before I act I've been waiting for a check for a small cashed in IRA I had so I would know my range and what negotiating stance I have ( if any). The payout is less than I paid in, bad investments they tell me (bummed). Since it was only a small amount I sighed and told them to cash it out (don't trust an invested IRA, go for the personal Roth IRA) So I'm left with less than $1500.00 to deal with from preliminary evaluation (bummed).

I've been surfing through ads on CL for lathes. Some respectable deals within 200-500 miles of the house, most closer than that. While I've been waiting many of the ads for these lathes have expired or been remove by owner. (bummed) I think just the trash or over priced lathes will be left by the time my finances are in order. (bummed)

I sometimes think I should buy an older SB9 and use it for parts to upgrade my SB9C to QC gears and power cross feed. (There's one for less than $600 on CL in Ohio that might work). I'm back and forth about it while I wait.

(Bummed!)

Back