Inanimate Affection: Do You Name Your Machines?

I call my Bridgeport "Brigitte".

Haven't figured out a name for the Shizouka yet :)

I do have to admit there are times I do call my machines "other" names though, mostly when I make a stupid mistake.

I had a old Tom Senior M-1 mill that we called Gerty.She was a sweet old girl and I hated to part with her but I just didn't have room for her in my shop and I hated to see her outside in the Florida weather.Her new owner took her home and did a complete rebuild on her and sent me pictures of finished job.She looks great and I'm sure she will give him 30 more years of service.
**************Just Saying******************Gator****************cartangrysj1.gif*********************************

I do have to admit there are times I do call my machines "other" names though, mostly when I make a stupid mistake.

Hah hah yes, I guess I have a lot more names if you count those hah hah

I haven't yet named my machines. However, they are refered to the same way as people refer to their cars & trucks: '38 Cincinnati MH2 Milling machine, '68 Craftsman radial arm saw, etc.

My motorcycles are named after movie horses:
'03 Honda Nighthawk 750; Little Brother (from the movie Hidalgo)
'93 Kawasaki Voyager ZG1200: Trigger 12 (Roy Roger's horse + the engine reference)

Happy trails.

I have a 96 Ford 1-ton I call Whitey Ford. The tools so far are called by there manufacturers name.

Back