Index Super 55 in place

jmhoying

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I moved my Index Super 55 into place this past weekend and wired up the rotary phase convertor tonight. Everything seems to be working nicely. I had to move my Clausing 5914 lathe a couple feet, so that is why it's on runners. I had thought the lathe was a heavy piece of machinery, until I picked up the mill!

tools.jpg

Jack

P.S. I used a control box from Phase-Craft for my rotary phase convertor. It was super easy to set up and works great.

tools.jpg

MOM? I want to go play at jmhoying's house... He's got like, a MILL, and a LATHE, and EVERYTHING.

Nice set-up there. Time to pile up some STOCK! METAL HUNT...!

lol. I recall at one time there wasn't a safe bar or round piece of stock, it ALL got chucked into the lathe. Heck, even my exacto handles got custom grooving.:nuts:

Welcome to the SUPER 55 CLUB. Thank you for sharing!

IT'S Millin' time!

MOM? I want to go play at jmhoying's house... He's got like, a MILL, and a LATHE, and EVERYTHING.

Nice set-up there. Time to pile up some STOCK! METAL HUNT...!

lol. I recall at one time there wasn't a safe bar or round piece of stock, it ALL got chucked into the lathe. Heck, even my exacto handles got custom grooving.:nuts:

Welcome to the SUPER 55 CLUB. Thank you for sharing!

IT'S Millin' time!

Hey, I represent that statement! :) . It's funny how your mind thinks a little different once you have a metal shop set up (always thinking about how an object was made, and how I could duplicate it, or make it better)

Jack

Back