Industrial Hobbies Machine / RF45 Clone motor replacment

minsk

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
hey guys,
I am still in a pickle withmy IH600 milling machine, the motor pooped the bed. Windings are fried. Local motor company wanted 800 to rewind /rebuild it . Im trying to find a replacement. Precison Matthews wont sell me a motor Their 940 mv is basically the same machine. I would have to turn down the shaft on their motor..no biggy. They are located here in pittsburgh where i am and wont sell me a motor. OK rant over. Does anyoen have a source for the frame 90d motors...or something similar...i don't mind if i have to make an adapter plate and turn down the shaft. I'm also thinking of going to 3HP. THen i will have 3600 rpms instead of 1750 rpms. Does anyone have the 3hp version of the Industrial Hobbies mill that they could give me the motor number off it. Its looking like i may have to order one from China...
If anyone in the states has one for sale i would gladly purchase... thank you for readming my rambling message.. desperate in pittbsurgh

I have a single phase IH motor left from converting to a 3 Phase motor on their RF45 clone. I have not looked it in years but I'll go have a look at what it is later today. 99% sure it will fit though. Stay tuned.

I have a single phase IH motor left from converting to a 3 Phase motor on their RF45 clone. I have not looked it in years but I'll go have a look at what it is later today. 99% sure it will fit though. Stay tuned.
that would be awesome....i just got this mill...it had sat for yeeeeeeeeears...so i supsect rust somehow got on the windings and when i started it...poof

Here is what I have. Shaft 3/4"D x 1-5/8"L, 1/4" key I think. Motor flange is about 7.25" give or take. Motor body about 11"L. If you take this one, I suggest you bake out any moisture. It has been dry but stored in the attic of my shop for a long time. It is damp here in WA. The motor has run for probably about 3 minutes when I first got the mill, before I changed the motor out.

20230314_093941.jpg

20230314_093908.jpg

sent you a pm on here

Back