Interesting Catalogue

Just squeeze a little lemon in my eye next time. I've been wanting one of the hand shapers for a long time. Almost scored one a few months back. Do I need it, he'll no. I have a full size shaper but it's one dam fine looking machine! -J

Just squeeze a little lemon in my eye next time. I've been wanting one of the hand shapers for a long time. Almost scored one a few months back. Do I need it, he'll no. I have a full size shaper but it's one dam fine looking machine! -J

LOL, I know how you feel, I've always wanted a shaper since machine shop class over 30 years ago and still don't have one, I wish the items in the catalogue where still available at the listed prices.

Don B,

I guess, I have been greatly blessed, I have the self same catalogue, and even better still one of the 20" (length of stroke) planing machines, which is a really lovely little machine tool & one of the handiest machine tools in my light workshop, I once visited a man's shop and he had a Senior power driven travelling head shaping machine, Sadly after his death, I never found out what became of it, It was a more powerful and heavy machine than my little Adept shaper of the same pattern.

Thanks for the posting

Don B,

I guess, I have been greatly blessed, I have the self same catalogue, and even better still one of the 20" (length of stroke) planing machines, which is a really lovely little machine tool & one of the handiest machine tools in my light workshop, I once visited a man's shop and he had a Senior power driven travelling head shaping machine, Sadly after his death, I never found out what became of it, It was a more powerful and heavy machine than my little Adept shaper of the same pattern.

Thanks for the posting

You welcome core-oil, that's wonderful that you have a planer, is there pictures of your planer anyplace on the net, or would you be willing to post some pictures, I'd love to see them as I'm sure others would as well.

Don B. thanks for the post
i love old tools and old catalogs!
it's amazing how little some machinery and tooling has changed.

Don B. thanks for the post
i love old tools and old catalogs!
it's amazing how little some machinery and tooling has changed.

Ulma Doctor your welcome, I love the old catalogs as well, there so interesting, it's wonderful looking back in time and seeing what was available or coming across a piece of machinery or tool you knew nothing about.

Back