Resolved Is there a way to undo allow push notifications?

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Is there a way to undo push notifications? I kept getting a notice that the site wanted to push notifications. I allowed this on my lap top and now I get a large pop up notice of a new post on my laptop anytime I'm online but not on the site. This is rather annoying, and since I mostly use my laptop when away from home it may be days or weeks since I've last been on and tons of these messages pop up, many of which are outdated by that time.

The little bell showing me new posts is all the notification I need. I've tried unchecking notifications, but that then turns off all my notifications.

This is a great group of people, but I don't need to know the instant somebody posts to a thread I'm following, quotes or reacts to one of my comments. These constant interruptions are very distracting to my Tik Tok video watching. :D

On your profile, navigate to Preferences. Scroll down and you will see a button to disable Push Notifications.

Upvote 0
On your profile, navigate to Preferences. Scroll down and you will see a button to disable Push Notifications.

That is a huge duh, I was looking at all the check boxes and completely overlooked the big blue button. :xmaslights:

Thank you

Upvote 0
I have all the buttons unselect and still get a notification email on all actions of all threads I have been involved with.

Upvote 0
I have all the buttons unselect and still get a notification email on all actions of all threads I have been involved with.

CJ5Dave, I will go in and take a look at your preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
CJ5Dave, I will go in and take a look at your preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CJ5Dave,

Go into your preferences and scroll down to the Push Notifications option below. Click the blue button you see in the example I've pasted in my reply here. This will disable push notifications on the device you are logged into.

For all curious about push notifications, if you log into multiple devices this setting is specific to the device you are on.

1670411940875.png

Upvote 0
On my iPad that button is grayed out and says push notifications not supported,

Upvote 0
I went in to the forum from my PC and it won't let me click the blue box. Says it has to be an enabled device. Still getting emails for every thread I have ever posted to. i guess I could block the forum's emails.

Upvote 0
Go to Watched Threads and click the "Manage Watched Threads" button over in the right hand corner. You will see some options there for disabling or "unwatching".

Keep in mind that default behavior in our software will auto-watch a thread that you participate in. So you can see my activity in the example below shows me "watching" 75 pages of threads.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 17-44-13 Watched threads.png

Upvote 0
Back