Is this a Clausing Micrometer stop?

usamech

Registered
Registered
All, I got these as part of a lot box at a local auction. Searching eBay, this looks near exactly like they’re for larger clausing. Search ebay, “CLAUSING 15” LATHE micrometer stop…”. Can anyone identify these?

Both are different. They appear to be made by the same manufacturer, but I believe each is for a different lathe. One is Square and the other is has an 80° angle. The square one has an additional flat on it with two capscrews.

Another consideration is that the machine shop site that I got this from in the auction had only one lathe there. And it was a 15 inch LeBlond Regal. If you look at a picture
of the carriage on the way, seems to have a similar shape to one of these.

GordonIMG_9506.jpegIMG_9508.jpegIMG_9507.jpegIMG_9509.jpegIMG_9592.pngIMG_9594.pngIMG_9591.jpeg

I think it is . But for $350 , it's made out of gold and not steel . I just sold one recently for $30 .

You’re right. That eBay quote is quite a bit pricey. Seller clearly doesn’t want to get rid of it.

Yes, I want to get rid of them both. Both are in good shape. Everything moves and I kroiled them up a bit. Plenty willing to give somebody a really good deal on them. Reasonable offer.

Gordon

FYI, attached is a picture of the micrometer stop that came with my Clausing 5914 lathe. I believe it to be original, as it has the 70* way angle used on this lathe series.

Attachments

• micrometer_stop_clausing_5900.jpg
    micrometer_stop_clausing_5900.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 6
Back