Is this for a ground?

BWS Arms

Registered
Registered
Is this to connect a ground to? It’s on a 15hp Marathon Globetrotter 3ph motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 62
Outboard bearing grease drain for purging old grease with new. There is probably a similar looking tube poking out the top of the fan cover with a grease fitting on it. Grease gun goes there.

Tom

I'm thinking that's a grease point. Please take ANYBODY's advice over mine here, but I think that's a greased motor, not oiled, and I "think......" if I'm even right about the motor being the same, which I might not be... But I kinda think it is...) it had both a "grease in" plug and a "grease out" plug at one end, and only a "grease in" plug on the other end. And I'm pretty sure that the one we used to have (which I'm only "pretty sure" is even the same...) had no actual grease fitting. Either they had a proprietary one, or it's a standard fitting size that's not in my collection.

Take that plug/bolt out of the end of it and see what's in there....

NO, ground will be inside the electric box on the motor.
Grease port either fill or vent .probably vent

I would agree with Higgite, Jake M and sdelivery. There should be some type of grease fitting on the opposite side. There might also be a short piece of rubber tubing stored elsewhere and only used during the grease purge.

There is a grease zerk on the top for the front bearing. . I tried to find the manual for the motor but had no luck.

The “bolt” has wrench flats and a small bolt that is screwed in to it.

A new motor should have adequate grease from the factory for at least two years of hobby use, even industrial one shift usage.
To much grease is not good either

Back