It's Alive!! (Rotary Phase Converter for Lathe)

Coming along very nicely, and you are very fortunately to have a single owner lathe that was very well cared for. Really a gem of a lathe for the price.

Just a general reminder, I do not recommend using plexiglass (acrylic) plastic for anything that might be exposed to stress or impact because it cracks and shatters very easily. If you can get some polycarbonate (Lexan) it will not craze around holes and is almost unbreakable from impact. The fey times I have used plexiglass I have always regretted it and it ended up either breaking during fabrication or broke around the mounting holes. Recently made a hand chip shield for my lathe, I had a small scrap piece of plexiglass and it snapped in two with almost no pressure when bending it after heating. Switched to 1/4" polycarbonate and it worked much better and I do not have to worry if something hits it. I also made a 1/4" polycarbonate chip shield for my mill, if an endmill shatters, I have the added security that the plastic won't shatter if hit by it.

View attachment 371404
Thanks for the info. Lexan it is.

Back