Jesse James aint got nothin on me!!!!

Rbeckett

Gold
Rest In Peace
My latest acquisition of a Clausing 8520 has completed the Florida Metal Church. Jesse James can have California, I will go him one better right her in North Central Fla anyday. The clausing should complete my ensemble of lathes, Mills, Plasma tables and combo machines nicely. The Clausing is a 2/3 size knee type of mill and it compliments the 9X and 7X lathes as well as the 13X24 3 in 1 machine too. Momma even mentioned that I was going to have to teach her how to run the mill, so if Momma is on board and happy life is good. getting her to watch the training videos is usually the hardest part and she is already interested, so this should be a relatively easy transition for her. I love it when a plan finally comes together. This stage only took 5 years to get to and unless I stumble on something free it will probably be the last purchase for a good long while... I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel for a change. Wish me luck when it gets here from CT...

Bob

Here's me wishing you lots o luck. I think it's awesome that your wife wants to learn how to run the machines. On second thought, she might like it too much and steal away your man cave. Lets hope she just likes it enough to be a good help but not so much that she takes over.:whistle:

My latest acquisition of a Clausing 8520 has completed the Florida Metal Church. Jesse James can have California, I will go him one better right her in North Central Fla anyday. The clausing should complete my ensemble of lathes, Mills, Plasma tables and combo machines nicely. The Clausing is a 2/3 size knee type of mill and it compliments the 9X and 7X lathes as well as the 13X24 3 in 1 machine too. Momma even mentioned that I was going to have to teach her how to run the mill, so if Momma is on board and happy life is good. getting her to watch the training videos is usually the hardest part and she is already interested, so this should be a relatively easy transition for her. I love it when a plan finally comes together. This stage only took 5 years to get to and unless I stumble on something free it will probably be the last purchase for a good long while... I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel for a change. Wish me luck when it gets here from CT...

Bob

Can we start petitioning the Discovery Channel for you to get your own reality TV series? ;) :biggrin:

Congrats on getting your shop together.

-Ron

Jesse left California for Austin a few years ago....rumor has it he's starting a gun business down there.

Chuck

I was waiting till the new to me mill arrived and have a re-grand opening party and christen the building the right way. I built it 100% all by myself, did my own electrical and poured the slab. Put up walls and closed it in. When the clausing arrives and gets situated I promise I will do a photo spread on al of the little gadgets and trinkets I have put in to help me continue to do this kind of work without further injuries. I'll set up the pot belly stove, and show everybody the overhead rail and cable management system for the torchmate computer too. Also I will get some picks of the receiver tube set ups I use to mount tooling and stuff on my work bench. I have put a lot of time and thought into making the shop work well for me and I am finally just about ready to coast a while and just tinker because I can...Pics are coming soon once the mill arrives from CT

Bob

Excellent! Happy for you, Bob. That pot bellied stove sounds good - its around 20° here.

Tom

The pot belly stove is two semi tractor brake drums welded together with a grate to allow air to circulate. It warms the shop to shirt sleeve temps pretty quick. And I built abunch of receiver tubes under my work benches to allow me to swap out a grinder or some other tool without having to resort to wrenches to attatch and disconnect. The overhead track holds the Computer and stores directly above the plasma table when not in use so I conserve valuable floor space every way I can. It is all finally starting to come together the way I had envisioned it in 2007 on my way to Iraq. It just took me 5 years to save up and get the machines I wanted at a price I could manage. Giving the young fellow all of my mechanics tools really opened up the floor so nothing is rabbit holed or stashed away anymore. I think the pics will definitely be worth the wait....

Bob

Back