Jet Lathe BD-920W reasonable offer?

Forty Niner

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Locally, there is a Jet BD-920W lathe with stand and standard accessories for sale. I will go look at it but would like opinions on what I should reasonably offer the seller. The picture of the lathe looks good. The lathe is said to be around 6 years old The price ($2500) is perhaps very wishful and I would not pay that much I know. Searching this board has lots of hits on what was suggested in the past for such a lathe, but it would be nice to have some current information as well. Any information would be appreciated.
jet.jpg

The change gears, 4 jaw chuck, faceplate, steady rest. The standard jet lathe package toolpost and tools. No qctp or any cutting tools.

That price would be high for a quick change-geared lathe, This one isn't. Savarin hit that nail on the head.

I've seen similar ones on Craigslist for as little as $750 with everything you'd be getting. Probably around $900 tops.

Bruce

Thats more than new

Yes , but this one is 6 years old so you have to add 6 years inflation and pay for the wear and tear . :grin: I would offer a grand tops myself .

Thanks for the replies! Your numbers are also what I was thinking.

Funniest thing is the Craigslist ad says "quick change gearbox" and "sells new for $3600.00"

Back