Jet VBS-400 Vertical Band Saw Hook Up

Pontiac Freak

Active User
Registered
Hi All, Just picked up a Jet VBS-400 Vertical Band Saw. It has a 2hp 3 phase motor. The previous owner had it hardwired into their shop and when they disconnected it they didnt mark anything or leave a whip to reattach it. I am unable to find any documentation on the actual hook up for it, I even purchased the owners manual online hoping it would show something, but no…. Has anyone hooked up something like this and can shed some light on how to hook it up so I dont let the smoke out of it?E7B6C83C-5867-449F-8558-D8A572708A57.jpeg03FAF5E6-A8AD-4316-938B-D78614E95202.jpeg8CE3C33D-1B4A-4642-BAAC-A05C82AE3DBE.jpeg

I would open up the cabinet and find out where each of those wires go. Presumably one set goes to the motor and one goes to a power switch or light or something?

If it's wired for 3 phase and there are 4 wires one will be ground and the other three will be line. If you have a meter it should be pretty easy to figure out what the ground is, shouldn't matter how the lines are hooked up but if the motor turns backward you'll have to reverse two of them.

Of course, if you're not comfortable with any of this please seek professional help.

John

When I see an imported machine question I check the Grizzly web-site as many of their machines were copies of copies so the electrical connections are more then likely the same. Here is a manual for one of their Metal Band Saws. I would also say if your not good with electricity hire a pro with Industrial Machinery experience to help you. If your not handy with electricity you could get electrocuted. The first few pages have some great electrical diagrams. Also Grizzly has several models. If this one isn't like yours, check out the others. https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g0668_m.pdf

Last edited:
Back