KB ELECTRONICS VFD install

jererp

Active User
Registered
This electrical stuff is really confusing for me, and can be made even worse by information overload. After reading a number of these threads, and surfing the net, I decided to call a local shop that builds industrial panels and sells supplies to the general public. They recommended this drive for running my 1/2 HP 3 PHASE motor. KBMA-24D manufactured by KB Electronics. I mounted it where my old barrel switch was mounted.
IMG_2077.JPG
It's a NEMA-1 enclosure, (no exposed wires to harm me, so safer than some installs I have seen posted here, IMO), has an on/off switch as well as the speed control mounted right on the panel. They included hand written instructions on what I should do (add jumper to run on 110 V, and select motor HP jumper). Otherwise, it was a simple wire job for me. I haven't seen anyone post using this type of drive here yet....so far it seems to be working fine for me.

Tell me what you all think.

Jerry

IMG_2077.JPG

looks a lot like a Minark (sp?) dc motor control. Where is it made? how easy was it to connect up? those VFD's can have some real small control connections! .

KB Electronics is located in Coral Springs,Florida, and their website states that it is a manufacturing facility, so I assume this is American made.
The hook up was simple. Clearly marked motor and line connections. I kept all the factory default settings, just added a jumper for 110V and moved a jumper to select the motor HP.

That attached link is a very good, simple explanation. I haven't played with any of the settings. Stayed with factory defaults.

This electrical stuff is really confusing for me, and can be made even worse by information overload. After reading a number of these threads, and surfing the net, I decided to call a local shop that builds industrial panels and sells supplies to the general public. They recommended this drive for running my 1/2 HP 3 PHASE motor. KBMA-24D manufactured by KB Electronics. I mounted it where my old barrel switch was mounted.
View attachment 60896
It's a NEMA-1 enclosure, (no exposed wires to harm me, so safer than some installs I have seen posted here, IMO),

Tell me what you all think.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry, I CAN NOT agree more! Sorry just one of my hang ups!

Back