Kittens

Marco Bernardini

Active User
Registered
A machinist is slowly driving along a country road when he glimpses, in front a derelict farm, a rusty Monarch EE10. Some kittens sleeping in the lower cabinet, and on the headstock a sign reads: "KITENZ 4 SALE".

A dirty kid is sitting on a log in front of the lathe, so the machinist stop the car and asks him: «Hey, sonny, are you selling those nice kittens?»

«You bet!»

«How much do you ask for them?»

«$750 each»

The machinist looks at the kid, puzzled. $750 seems him a lot for a kitten, but he is drooling looking at the Monarch.

«How many kittens do you have, sonny?»

«Just five»

«Is there a discount if I get all of them?»

«Uhm… $3,500, sir.»

«Ok, I get them.»

The kid puts the kittens into a cardboard box and give it to the machinist, of course after having a fistful of cash into his hands.

«Listen, sonny, I think these kittens are very young. I don't want them to be scared to be into a new home. What if I get you another $100 for that rusty sort of stove they are sleeping in, so they still feel at home?»

«You mad, bro? If I give you the EE10 how do you think I can sell kittens for $750 each?»

LOL! Although I'm more of a Hardinge HLVH guy myself the 10ee is sure a nice machine!

The kid was using the 10EE to attract machinist's to buy the kittens. That's how he can sell them for $700. When the machinist wants to buy the lathe, the kid refuses because thats how he's attracting machinists to buy the kittens to make money.

For some reason I think there should be a "Machinists share your cat" thread...

still makes no sense..must be my 102 fever

Back