Knurling tool

Driveslayer45

Registered
Registered
In the name of another tool that i may only use a few times i wanted a good knurling tool. While i could have spent $30 on amazon i figured i would take 20 hours and some spare stainless bar and make one. I used the wheels from an old import push type tool. Everything else, including the screws holding it together are made by me on the lathe and the mill in either stainless or cold rolled steel. ok, i didn't make the springs either.

Its ugly but works pretty well and i'm proud of it. oh, the knurled knobs are stainless as well and where done with this tool.

Attachments

• knurling tool.jpg
    knurling tool.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 86
Nice! Have you used it yet?

yup. for the knobs on the tool itself and the anti-rotation handle on an mt3 die holder for my lathe tailstock that i built last week

Already answered...

That’s pretty awesome! I’ve been wanting to play around with knuckling for awhile now but haven’t had the spare cash to drop on a decent tool. I never even considered making one! I might add this to my list of rainy day projects.

It is great to see you avoid the $35 trap and spend your 20 hours so wisely.
Great job and I am sure you have real satisfaction each time you use it.
I guess you won't be taking on any jobs now unless they have at least one application of knurling in the project.

Mal

Anyone who wants to make a knurler cant go far wrong making a Camjack knurler.
Easy to make and works awesomely.

Damn, wish I would have stumbled on that design, pretty sweet, and I love using mechanical advantage

:laughing:make this one and sell your other one, win win situation

Back