Lablond serial number

vernlee

Registered
Registered
I get my Lablond lathe Monday , 15X54 I think ? the serial number is 7C 3108 , can anyone tell me for sure by looking at the serial # what it is , and where I can buy a owners manual for it , and possibly a source for spare parts . I know it has the servo speed dial , but that is about all .
thanks
Vern

I'll check mine and get back to you. I have several nearly correct owners manuals for my machine. If you look up 'leblond regal manual' on the internet you can find some old ones and some newer ones, which is a good start.

I'll check mine and get back to you. I have several nearly correct owners manuals for my machine. If you look up 'leblond regal manual' on the internet you can find some old ones and some newer ones, which is a good start.

Attachments

• S#.jpg
    S#.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 97
I found the manual I wanted and ordered it , can anyone tell me the age or year of this lathe according to the S# ? it does have the servo speed dial , I have heard good things and bad things about the servo ? , guess I'll find out .

I've owned several of the Lablond servo shifts with no issues . I know they sometimes get confused and kind of switch back and forth and won't lock in right away but they are very nice lathes . You should have the LO spindle on that machine . I still have some chucks and collet chucks for it .

I've owned several of the Lablond servo shifts with no issues . I know they sometimes get confused and kind of switch back and forth and won't lock in right away but they are very nice lathes . You should have the LO spindle on that machine . I still have some chucks and collet chucks for it .
MMCMdl , I would be interested in seeing / hearing what you have , especially the collet chucks , you probably know then what the spindle size is and what thread it is ? my email is landr@frontiernet.net , if you want to send me info and pics of what you have , also what do you mean LO spindle ?
Vern

Hey Vern , it most likely is an LO spindle mount . Should be tapered with a key and have a locking threaded ring .

Don't need a manual to explain this . Just look at the spindle nose . :)

Back