Langmuir Cross Fire Pro Plasma table.

finsruskw

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone here have one??
Have been keeping an eye put for one now for about a year and have noticed there are usually one or two on FB and C/L nearly all the time and wondering what up with these and why are they for sale?
Many appear to be nearly new and lightly used and asking near new prices as well.
So one has to ask just why they are for sale.
Not what they expected for the $$?
Could not figure it out?
Computer challenged
Sure would appreciate any feed back from folks out there that might enlighten me!!

I've looked at these in the past and wouldn't mind hearing from an owner as well. Two things struck me about the design. I don't know if these are just worries that don't matter or not.

1. The lead-screws are exposed at two edges of the table. Don't know if there are covers but their photos don't seem to show any.
2. I didn't like the square-stock linear bearings. To me, those invite spatter/grit on their surfaces and maybe a rough ride for the gantry eventually.

Again, don't know if I am borrowing trouble but that is what I noticed from their website.

I purchased a used Crossfire XL about 4 years ago, and it works well. I'm not in production or doing business with it. I upgraded the cutter to a Hypertherm 45XP. I added a torch height controller, which upgraded the main board to their latest software, FireControl. It works fine for me. IIRC, @pontiac428 has the Pro model.

Back