Laser line power

KAaPPa

Registered
Registered
Hello to all.

I am thinking about add an laser line to my horizontal bandsaw, but have no ideia what laser power to buy.
Can somebody hello me?

Thanks in advance

It's hard to say. It depends on the distance the laser is from, and the amount of ambient light, on the work. Most such (Red) lasers are 635-650nm with a maximum output of 5mW or less. In your case it sounds like the laser will be close to the work, so unless you have a very bright light on the saw, you don't need a vey bright laser. The laser manufactures spec sheets should tell you the optimal focus range, line or dot width, etc to help you make a selection.

It's hard to say. It depends on the distance the laser is from, and the amount of ambient light, on the work. Most such (Red) lasers are 635-650nm with a maximum output of 5mW or less. In your case it sounds like the laser will be close to the work, so unless you have a very bright light on the saw, you don't need a vey bright laser. The laser manufactures spec sheets should tell you the optimal focus range, line or dot width, etc to help you make a selection.
Thanks for the input.

It Will be 220 away, so, yes, close. Is the colour of the laser something to consider?

Thanks

Enviado do meu 2109119DG através do Tapatalk

Red lasers are easy to see indoors but not good in daylight unless in the shade. Green lasers are easier to see outdoors but even they can be hard to see in bright sunlight.

A class or 3a or 3R laser is 5mw or less and generally considered the highest power reasonably safe for eye protection. However, a line generator disperses the laser so that the effective power reaching the eye in the event of accidental exposure is much less. My compound miter saw and my circular saw both have class 3a laser guides . My laser levels are class 3a or class 3R.

Back