Lathe Belts

I've been using serpertine belts for years..cut to length.glued and sewed...never liked the clacking when links pass over pulleys..

I've got serpentine belt ready to use but honestly, just wanted the real deal as this was my dads lathe. Just curious if these guys are respectable.

i have not purchased from them specifically, but i did buy a belt similar to the one pictured.
i found it on ebay.

i can say that i was less than impressed with the product
i didn't expect much because the belt was inexpensive, i wasn't let down on the assumption

there isn't a lot of grip to this synthetic pleather belt, so a tool snag will stop your work
i didn't like the idea of having to overtighten the belt to reduce the slip

I forget where I saw it but someone was making flat belts that you glue together that elimnates the clanking. They were green or blue, I forget. I have no experience with them myself though.

I recently bought 3 flat belts for my universal grinder from Wm. Sopco (per Benmychree suggestion). They are very thin and endless and somewhat expensive.
I will be looking to use serpentine belt next time.
Chuck

I forget where I saw it but someone was making flat belts that you glue together that elimnates the clanking. They were green or blue, I forget. I have no experience with them myself though.
Those were probably the ones from Al Bino Belts. I've been using one for five years on my 10L and it works well. albinoindustrialbelting.com

Last edited:
Peg parts sells flat belts. I just ordered one for my shaper but haven’t installed it yet. The price was super reasonable at 18.00
Fast service and belt arrived within days.

i have the tool anf make my own belts out of old conveyor belts I have here. but then I have been running the same belt for the last 20 years.

Back