Lathe chuck

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
Can someone identify my 5" lathe chuck?
Came with my lathe. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't know what it is. I've seen pictures on here of people with their new Bison chucks with the same PUUm marking on it.
Be nice to know what I've got on my hands.
IMG_20180330_084012.jpg

POLAND=Bison.

It's an earlier made chuck before they called them "Bison".

Okay so, if my math is correct...
'Poland' is to 'Bison', as 'Bison' is to 'great chuck, don't ever get rid of it'?

Okay so, if my math is correct...
'Poland' is to 'Bison', as 'Bison' is to 'great chuck, don't ever get rid of it'?

They are just like any other chuck. If the jaws are not sprung or worn, call it good. If they are sprung, worn, well, it'll be like all of the other worn out chucks out there that people want new prices for. Being a much smaller chuck, may be in good half way decent shape. I think you would be money ahead, to buy one of the new Asian 3-jaw chucks being offered for sale out there IMO. And I'm picky about lathe chucks, too.

Oh, I'm not getting rid of it. Its perfectly fine. Its run out is about .003" and I plan to find that and correct it at some point.
But, it was sitting on the bench cause the 6" 4 jaw is on the lathe, I noticed the PUUm and remembered seeing it somewhere.

Back