LED replacements for CFL tubes

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I replaced my CFL tubes and cut the ballast wires a few years ago(3-5) maybe. All 12 are getting shorter, and shorter, who besides Home Depot has a good reliable 4' LED?

I got a Phillips product, just the bulbs, from Gescan (they were called “direct wire” - cut out the ballasts). Really like them. Because of how the fixtures were installed I didn’t want to simply replace the fixtures.

Last edited:
I replaced the bulbs in a number of Fluorescent fixtures with Feit LED replacements years ago: no electrical changes, just swapped the bulbs. New fixtures have come from Costco, various manufacturers.

The last time I bought some Walmart had noticable better prices than HD. I have also gotten really good deals on LED lights from Costco... when they are on sale.

I bought mine from Amazon. Direct wire type.

I converted several old 4' fixtures to ballast bypass tubes. I loved them so much decided to do some more but I saw C&C Equipment's YT video on the Hyperlite. I ordered one (Saturn style) to see if I really liked them. What a difference they make. So I ordered 3 more . Now I like them so much I just placed an order for 4 of the outdoor lights. Use this discount code from C&C Equipment CCUYTHY5. I gain nothing from recommending the lights or the channel. I am just excited with the product and its price.

Back