Light freight shipping options?

Ideally you want an LTL carrier. (Less than truckload) If your seller could drop off at a depot and you pick up at a depot. That is your cheapest route
Yellow Freight is one, but I read they filed for chapter 11
Maybe try JB Hunt. If they have a local depot at both ends would be great.
Old saying up here. Canada geese Don“t fly south anymore. JB Hunt says he can haul ‘em cheaper
Martin

You've been on the road, I've been on the road... I have no doubt you've seen 1) a JB Hunt truck on fire, and 2) a JB Hunt driver rage quit, drop a trailer on its kingpin and leave it, or walk away from his truck as-is/where-is with duffel in hand. I'd almost feel safer with Swift.

This might be one of those things where waiting until one shows up closer to you is a good idea. It doesn't sound like it needs to be this specific one, just a quality unit to perform the function.

Not sure if anyone on here is going your way but it's worth a try.

John

You've been on the road, I've been on the road... I have no doubt you've seen 1) a JB Hunt truck on fire, and 2) a JB Hunt driver rage quit, drop a trailer on its kingpin and leave it, or walk away from his truck as-is/where-is with duffel in hand. I'd almost feel safer with Swift.
Is this a known thing with JB Hunt? I don't know much about them. Just curious.

Last edited:
Is this a know thing with JB Hunt? I don't know much about them. Just curious.

It's really more of an exercise in confirmation bias. But it's fun nonetheless.

For example, if you think Swift drivers drive like idjits, the next time you see it in played out in front of you and it's a Swift driver, well, there you go. It doesn't mean there's any truth to the association, but what you see confirms what you think. And if you're like me and can just have fun with it, it;s good for a laugh. Remember that next time you see a truck on the side of the road with smoke coming from somewhere, odds are decently good that it might say JB Hunt on the side. And if it does, you'll remember this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: rwm
Back