Logan 2527 V.L. question??

Thanks Jon. I can only claim half credit for the lights. I put them under the Benchtop. Then my 7 year old came out to help and suggested that I use the tail on the bottom. It was an awesome idea and he helped me install them. I am super happy how it turned out and that we did it together.

Edit:it only looks clean because I didn't turn around and take a picture behind me.

I love the lighting treatment on the workbench. Very nice work. And a great idea from your son.

... Then my 7 year old came out to help and suggested that I use the tail on the bottom. It was an awesome idea and he helped me install them. I am super happy how it turned out and that we did it together.

Another project, Dad !!

When I was a kid, my grandfather built a small 7" tall box so I could see what he was doing on the work bench and help. That led to an ME degree and a happy career in design. So when my boys got to be 6 or 7, I built them the same type thing. They both now have technical college degrees and good solid jobs.

With 2 boys, I can see the need for a "little guy's step" in your shop too. :))

JeremyBurke, Yes the lights are great, BUT, plaese tell me where you got the incredable cabinets under the workbench. Especially the second one in, from the right, in the second pic with 8 drawers. Thanks, JR49

JR49: the whole bench was sourced in 4 different craigslist purchases. I got all 8 cabinets from one local guy, he got them from a machine shop, who in turn got them from an old high school science lab.

Here is what they looked like when I got them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413062556.558076.jpg

You're right that particular drawers cabinet is the prize and was the hardest to obtain. I had to buy an extra 1 I didn't really want and pay full asking price of $180 for the lot of 8.

The tops are made of Douglas fir 4x beams finished in Varathane. I made another straight bench on another wall with 3 of the remaining ones and I have 1 left over. I hope to find a place for it someday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413062556.558076.jpg

Back