Looking for info and pics on the quill power feed

CarlosA

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Wondering if anyone has taken a series of pics showing the inner workings of the quill power feed available as an option on rf-40/45 and maybe others?

I have a rf-40 and I'm prepared to tap into the gearbox to try to make a factory style power feed for boring.

Or maybe it's something that could be ordered in from Rong Fu? Will likely never find one on eBay or some place like that.

You might want to watch Stefan G. make a quill feed for his bench mill/drill. It's a two part and as usual he does an incredible job. I feel like this is superior to the stock one because it has a variable speed where the stock feed is just two speed.

You might want to watch Stefan G. make a quill feed for his bench mill/drill. It's a two part and as usual he does an incredible job. I feel like this is superior to the stock one because it has a variable speed where the stock feed is just two speed.

Yep i`m familiar with it and it is a great option.

I have a power quill feed on my 1987 Enco RF30. This is what it looked like inside when I opened it up. Apparently, no one has ever done maintenance on it. Its a pretty complicated arrangement to give it multiple rates.

thank you for posting this, very cool to see! I really did not expect that pulley sticking up to be the power source for that feed, amazing.

Back