Looking to purchase PM-935TV next year.. anyone familiar with this machine?

I am seriously thinking about buying a small mill such as a PM30MV to convert to a CNC machine for small parts, Leaving my PM940V manual.

I am seriously thinking about buying a small mill such as a PM30MV to convert to a CNC machine for small parts, Leaving my PM940V manual.
Why? the cost of a PM940M is so close to the same as a PM30MV. the 940m with hard ways is 1k more and you would have a lot more capabilities.
not trying to second guess your thought, but interested in your thinking.
I can see that the weight might be an issue.
for that matter the 940V basic with hardways is only 1900 more and you would have a VFD to start with.

Last edited:
Why? the cost of a PM940M is so close to the same as a PM30MV. the 940m with hard ways is 1k more and you would have a lot more capabilities.
The base price is close but I would not order a PM940M base machine, I would order the machine with hardened ways and the difference is much larger at that point. To be honest, after having my PM940V and hearing the issues the PM940M has from the guys that have them I would buy another PM940V if I were looking for that size mill.

for that matter the 940V basic with hardways is only 1900 more and you would have a VFD to start with.

The base price is close but I would not order a PM940M base machine, I would order the machine with hardened ways and the difference is much larger at that point. To be honest, after having my PM940V and hearing the issues the PM940M has from the guys that have them I would buy another PM940V if I were looking for that size mill.
the price for the 940M with hard ways is 1k more, the basic/without hard ways is 500 more than the PM30MV, i have been thinking along the same lines and basically dismissed the PM30MV for this reason.

any way just following along with your thinking and interested in your thoughts.

that is the conclusion that i came to.

any way just following along with your thinking and interested in your thoughts.
The guys on the forum with the PM940M machines have discussed issues such as oil leaks through seals and the fact that the gear head is heavy enough to slowly move down to the table overnight if not locked up.

I originally wanted the M model and they did not know when they would get another so I ordered a PM932M-PDF and it was suppose to be in a couple months down the road; well, a couple months passed and I had a phone call with them in which they honestly admitted it had not left china and I asked, "do you have anything I would be interested in that I could get quicker?". And the voice on the other end said, "yes, we have a PM940V-PDF".... I said, "send it"... It has all the options and I had to come up with additional cash but it turned out to be exactly what I wanted.

The V model is belt driven with a 2HP 3Phase motor driven with a factory installed VFD, the max RPM is 5000 and the torque is bottomless, in a nut shell very few issues most of which were self inflicted.

Back