Low budget benchpress

May bee stop press?

I will now make a sheet metal bender.

If someone have some good ideas, let me know please.
May be I will find something inside this forum?

Last edited:
To day I make an oiltank for the press. i put it on the top. i also put a varterpass at the top. The tank ca take 0,5 liter. I make it like a square, and weld it in aluminium. It took to long time, but it ben ok I think? The next time I will make a tank as a cylinder. It will take less time I think. If t is interesting, I will take a picture?

In the wekend I should mount a steering damper on my Volvo. The damper is designed to VW, and there is not such to get as many cars, so I had to improvise.

At one end it was fine as it was adequate with a 10 mm bolt with a mounting bracket.
festeforstyredemper4_zps60d4b3f1.jpg
In the top end of the pitman was too much twisting of a rubber bushing, so I had to put in a warehouse. Coincidentally, I had a ball bearing, so then I thought it was okay to customize it.
10mm stock and 30mm outside diameter.
The pitman arm was 14 mm thick, so I had to make a stock keep the stock went into 10 mm, and 4 mm extra to get it to match the pitmanarmen.
Then it was so.

festetilstyredemper_zpsaffb1554.jpg

On the car:
styredemper3L_zpsfe2ee4c9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

To day I make an oiltank for the press. i put it on the top. i also put a varterpass at the top. The tank ca take 0,5 liter. I make it like a square, and weld it in aluminium. It took to long time, but it ben ok I think? The next time I will make a tank as a cylinder. It will take less time I think. If t is interesting, I will take a picture?

Her is the picture:
oljetank2L_zps41137261.jpg

And I put a water pass on the top....

When I was out testing, I meet some other cars:
amerikamereL_zpsad35973c.jpg
And a brother of my car also came up:
envilvoDuett7seterL_zpse0e396dc.jpg

I also had to repear the draining plug of the radiator:
drainingplugtotheradiatorL_zps48becc99.jpg

drainingplugg2L_zpse608cbe3.jpg

Last edited:
Some modifying on my benckpress:
New oil tank on the top, with vaterpass.
Weded in aluminium.
hv9o95.jpg

And a new springholder an an new ring on the "pistonscrew"

j9bs6f.jpg

Back