Mach3 with PM45-CNC Setup problem.

lim1wph

Registered
Registered
Hello all, I am having difficulty getting Mach3 to be able to start controlling my machine. Here is what I see: on the Diagnostic Page - the Emergency block is flashing red. Nothing else is in an alarm state. On the History Page - Jamen connected and Reconfiguration Estop and Emergency - Jog can not be. There is nothing in the Status Box. Next to the Emergency Reset Button Emergency Mode Active is scrolling by. I have checked the configuration several times but can you think of anything else that I might check? I am brand new to this stuff so it could be anything. Thanks, Bill

Check Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals. Scroll down to EStop. Is Active Low red or green? I don't know what my settings actually are because my laptop got smoked in the fire and I transferred Mach 3 to the new one. Don't have the one that runs the mill any more. Don't know if I even have the mill.

Moved to CNC (this was posted in the Site Issues section).

WOW! Sounds like a bad fire. Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully you have good insurance. My Estop is Enable - Green Check Port 1 Pin 8 Active Low - Red X. Does it hurt anything to change that stuff around? The History reads - Reconfiguration Estop - but I didn't change anything. Good luck with the cleanup, Bill

lim1WPH have you been able to figure out your problems yet?

Whoops, now after moving fine for a few minutes, I have an Enable 1 red light and nothing moves. Guess I'll go over those Mach3 tutorials again. Daddy always said " Son, when you're not so bright you have to expect life to be some what more difficult for you."

Last edited:
I had a hard time setting up my machine as well. There were a few small details in the setup instructions that I overlooked. Without this forum I think my machine would be sitting idle collecting dust

I agree completely. Time for me to donate a little bit to help keep this site going.

Back